History of charity work by Lorraine Barrett:
- 1999 to present – Westgate Foundation in Orlando, FL run by David Siegel, CEO and President.
- 2006 to present - JDRF. 2007 Co-chair for the JDRF Foundation’s annual gala – raised $325K
- 2009 to present – Board of Trustees of the Thrift Mart Community Center in Ocoee, FL with Jacqueline Siegel’s “Locals Helping Locals”. We obtain household goods, clothing, furniture, etc then sell it at the store. The profit goes directly to overhead and area charities of choice as determined by the Board of Directors. Compassion Center and other West Orange Co. charities.
- 2010 to present – Compassion Center of West Orange County. August 2010 held a cocktail party at my home and we raised $7,500 which went directly to filling the West Orange County Food Bank. www.CFLCompassionCenter.org . This food bank is available to those individuals that are working poor and want to help themselves through counseling to get back on their feet through service.
- 2010 to present - Seniors First (original 45 year old Meals on Wheels program) High Hats and Tea Events at the Peabody Hotel with Mary Kay & Allan Villaverde, Susan Ortega and Jackie Siegel of Travel Host Magazine. Raised $45,000 which my team counted for $12,000 by obtaining one big sponsor and the sale of tickets. Our next event is February 12, 2012.